Turn Your Existing Home treadmill into a Dog Treadmill Exercise Machine!
How to set up the gates:
Line up gate to one side of your treadmill and tighten the clamps on each end using the knobs provided on the underside.
Repeat Step 1 on the opposite side.
Make sure the gates are equal distances from the front of the treadmill.
Introducing Your Dog to the Spot On K9 Gate System
- The dog should be leashed (we recommend using a flat collar, tight enough that the dog can’t slip out of it, or a martingale).
- Use the leash to maintain the dogs position.
- Encourage the dog to mount and dismount the dog treadmill from the rear.
- We use treats and have the dog mount and dismount a few times before starting the treadmill.
- The handler should be positioned at the front or side of the machine with the on/off switch and speed controls easily accessible.
- Begin at a slow walk and gradually increase speed based on the dog’s comfort level until you reach a trot then eventually back down to a walk before stopping.
- Recommended maximum exercise time is 30 minutes.
- Never leave your pet unattended on a dog treadmill.